The 88 BCD for Shimano's XTR M985 crankset was one of the first additions to our chainring line. We added this early on because this crankset is one of our favorites for durability, weight, q-factor, and aesthetics. These rings are beautifully machined to match the contours of the crankset.
- Fits Shimano M985 race crankset
- Drop-Stop® technology. On Wolf Tooth's patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- This ring ONLY fits the Shimano M985 "Race" crankset that looks like this:
- The Shimano M980 "Trail" crankset uses our 104 BCD chainrings in stainless steel or aluminum
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- Chainline - 50mm
Use Drop-Stop A or B for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 30t/44g | 32/55g | 34t/60g | 36t/70g | 38t/83g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA