Our new Direct Mount Chainrings for SRAM 8-Bolt Mountain Cranks are optimized for the new SRAM Transmission mountain groupsets and T-Type chains. These are for folks who have the latest SRAM T-Type Transmission groupset that want a different chainring size beyond stock offering or upgrade to a Made In USA option with an optimized tooth profile for better performance.
The 3mm offset is for SRAM MTB cranks with DUB WIDE spindles that are already at the 55mm chainline required for SRAM T-Type Transmission groupsets. The 0mm offset is for SRAM XX1 SL cranks with DUB spindles to move the chainline from 52mm to 55mm.
More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you'll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body's natural biomechanics. Here's how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what's known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power, while behaving like a 32T chainring when you're climbing.
We've also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace a direct mount chainring for SRAM T-Type Transmission cranksets and other SRAM cranks that use the 8-bolt standard.
- SRAM T-Type Transmission DUB Wide MTB cranksets use the 8-bolt direct mount standard.
- Wolf Tooth's patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud-shedding ability
- 3mm, 0mm offsets available
- Chainline 55mm with 3mm offset for DUB Wide MTB, 0mm offset for DUB
- Chainline 52mm with 3mm offset for DUB
- Use Drop-Stop B for all SRAM Eagle, SRAM Road and Transmission (T-Type) Flattop chains, 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd KMC, Connex, Wippermann, Campagnolo.
- Compatible 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, 12s SRAM Transmission (T-type) Flattop, 12s Campy, 12s KMC
- Not compatible with 12s Shimano HG+ chains
- Recommend the use of a clutch-style rear derailleur for the best chain security
- Use the included custom T20 bolts. Torque 4Nm with T20 tool
- Weight: 32T/66g | 34T/69g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
|Black / SRAM 8-Bolt Direct Mount / 32T / 0||810006808605||OVAL-SDM8-32|
|Black / SRAM 8-Bolt Direct Mount / 34T / 0||810006808612||OVAL-SDM8-34|