This 94 BCD 5-bolt ring will serve all your Vintage crankset and Surly OD crankset needs.
- Fits any 94 BCD 5-bolt crankset (modification may be needed)
- Drop-Stop technology. On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment
- Four of the holes are threaded and one is a normal through bolt hole (done for Surly compatibility). Use a stock 10mm chainring bolt for the fifth, hidden arm.
- These rings fit any 94 BCD 5 bolt crankset (possible alterations needed to fit some crankarms)
- For Plus size bike applications with the Surly OD crankset, e.g. Instigator and Krampus, you will need to use the stock spacers (Spacer Kit QBP Part number CR8609) that came with your 1x setup. You will also need some 16mm bolts which can be purchased from Problem Solvers.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provides a great chainline on most boost bikes.
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop A is the original patented wide/narrow chainring compatible with multiple drivetrain brands including 9, 10, 11, and 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Wippermann, etc.
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 28t/37g | 30/48g | 32t/57g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
|Black / 94 BCD 5-Bolt / 30T / Drop-Stop A||810006800371||SUR5-9430|
|Black / 94 BCD 5-Bolt / 32T / Drop-Stop A||810006800388||SUR5-9432|